This Page

has been moved to new address

How to make a Buzz Lightyear Cookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: How to make a Buzz Lightyear Cookie

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to make a Buzz Lightyear Cookie

Buzz Lightyear Cookie

You will need:
1) Image of Buzz to follow
2) Round cookies (I used beeinourbonnets recipe found here)
3) Thicker, piping consistancy black Royal Icing
4) Flood colors, purple, grey, white, blue and skin tone Royal Icing (best royal icing info found here by SweetSugarBelle)
5) Black edible in markers
6) A whole lot of time :/


Outline buzz with the edible ink marker, then pipe outlines in black. I used the kopykake 300xk
Now Flood alternating sections. If you don't wait long enough between sections they will flow together. I was unhappy with his face in these so I just rushed through the flooding.
Add the eyes. Do this when the face is still wet, but there is just barely a skin forming. I waited too long on some and he looks crazy-eyed in a lot of these cookies.
Now keep flooding
Add extra facial features. I decided it didn't look good with black icing so I switched to using a black edible ink marker.
I am Buzz Lightyear - Universe protection

Character Faces are really hard!! I think maybe if I went a little bit bigger I could have had an easier time.

What I learned... don't rush through flooding sections, even if the eyes look crazy. Flood only about 4 faces at a time so there is enough time to add eyes... Don't do this the same weekend as a Hunger Games Premier

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think Buzz is one of the hardest faces to do! You did a great job!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Suz said...

he just about killed me, lol. he does not want to be on a cookie. my sister asked why my flooding below looked so sloppy, i told her i gave up. now i know!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Cristin (Pinkie) said...

These look fantastic!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Thanks Cristin! I don't think I ever want to do them again lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home