This Page

has been moved to new address

How to make a Monster High Cookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: How to make a Monster High Cookie

Friday, March 30, 2012

How to make a Monster High Cookie




Monster High Cookies ready to be delivered.

This post will show you how I made the Monster High Cookies... this was a very fun project and will be used as a Birthday party favor.

You will need:
1) Royal icing - thick consistency black for outlining (please make at least one day ahead, the charcoal color will change to black overnight. I'm using Sweetsugarbelle's recipe found here.
2) Royal icing - medium consistency using the 20 second icing by Sweetsugarbelle found here.
3) Royal icing - medium consistency for the bow, I was able to match the image with a mix of Americolor Electric pink and Lilac. I used Sweetsugarbelle's 20 Second Icing because I wanted to bow to stand up and add dimension. See link above.
4) White flood royal icing for the face.
5) Monster High logo template and a paper plate
6) I used the KopyKake 300xk because I wanted them perfect.
7) Sugar Cookie dough

Prepare template for dough - I've been using the back of a paper plate.
Cut out dough, the shape doesn't have to be perfect.
Outline bow and face using a larger tip. I used a Wilton size 3.
Let the black outline dry completely - you don't want bleeding of the black into the white. I waited about 18 hours.
Flood the bow with pink. This is the fun part, it's like playing on those computer games where you click to dump the color in.
Wait about 30 minutes and fill the in the white area.
A couple of hours later I outlined the eyes and filled in with the medium consistency black icing.
Let these cookies dry for about 24 hrs before packaging.
Here it is, a foggy 2am photo of the cookie.
We did alright making them all look exactly the same. I love mass production. Zero creativity required.
I love the way they looked packaged and ready to go.

My little three year old Timmy saw these and said, "What happened to Hello Kitty???"

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At March 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

with this icing do you not have to worry about bleeding??

 
At March 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Suz said...

yes you do have to worry about bleeding, i waited almost 24 hrs for the black to dry. Making the black ahead of time helps because it gives the color time to develop... so there is less dye all together. If you make black at the last minute you're doomed. Of the 24 I noticed a small tiny hint of bleeding on the bottom of one, but overall it was okay.

 
At March 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Suz said...

I mean I waited about 24 hrs for the outline to dry before flooding, I'm in phoenix, arizona so the arid climate helps a lot.

 
At March 31, 2012 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Emmabellas of Vermont, LLC said...

Love the tutorial! Amazing job Suzanne! I'm very curious about the trays you have the cookies drying on - would you be willing to share what they are and where you got them? Those are trays I know I could put to good use!

 
At March 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Suz said...

I love the trays!!!! I make about 4-5 dozen bagels at a time and use them for fermenting the dough. They fit perfectly over a 1/4 sheet baking pan - it's like these but I get them at Business Costco (a dif. brand) and they are cheaper) - i love them!!! Do you dry your cookies covered or uncovered?
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Bakers-Quarter-Storage/dp/B00008UA3Z/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333217349&sr=8-4

 
At July 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Chef Melissa said...

So, how much would you charge me to have a dozen made & shipped to zip code 94002? I'm a chef, who actually did take a month long pastry course in culinary school, but asmuch as I respect & am in awe of pastry chefs, I hate to bake. I'm a savory girl all the way, so I need to find someone who can make 12 monster high cookies EXACTLY like that for a somewhat reasonable rate :) Please email me if you're willing & able.

Melissa (Chef.Melissa.McCourt@gmail.com)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home